珍惜现在的每一分钟,全力以赴自己的梦想。 Jump for the sun, at least you land on the moon.

发布新日志

  • "天气热"表达

    2008-06-26 13:20:19

    1. It’s hot enough to melt hell. I hope it will be cooler soon.

    现在热得足以把地狱熔化了,希望很快能够凉快一点。

    2. It's stifling! I can hardly breathe.

    天气太闷热了!我都没法呼吸了。

    3. I can't bear the heat; I am leaking!

    我受不了这么热,我浑身都在滴水!

    4. I am sweating like a pig, and I'm not doing anything.

    虽然我什么都没做,但还是汗流浃背。

    5. Let's stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.

    我们呆在家里吧,人行道上都可以煎蛋了。

    6. I don't want to go out; it's raining fire!

    我不想出去,天气火热火热的!

    7. It's too hot to think. I need to find someplace to cool off.

    热得我都没法思考。我需要找个地方凉快凉快。

    8. Today is a thermometer breaker! Let's go swimming.

    今天热得温度计都要爆了!我们去游泳吧。

    9. it’s hot with a capital "H". Turn up the air conditioner!

    今天是最热的一天,快把空调打开!

    10. it’s not just hot, it’s Africa hot! This weather is terrible.

    不止是热,是像非洲一样热!天热得吓人。

  • “忙不过来”英语怎么表达

    2008-06-26 13:18:29

    工作一件接一件,你的日程表被排得满满的,恨不得一天有48个小时,因为实在是忙不过来啊!这个“忙不过来”可以用up to one's neck来表示,它的意思就是“某人手头要做的事实在太多,多得没法应付”。下面是电视机修理部的一个人在对顾客解释:

    I'm sorry b

    ut I won't be able to fix your TV for two weeks. I’m up to my neck in work right now. But I'll try to have it ready for you in time for the start of the football season. 对不起,我在这两个星期内修不了你的电视。我现在忙得简直无法应付。不过,我一定设法在橄榄球比赛季节开始前给你修好。

    我们经常说美国人的生活节奏很快,许多人感到压力很大。下面这个例子就能给我们一个具体的概念,到底美国人忙到什么程度。这是一个人在说他这个星期里要做的事:

    Apart from my regular work this week, I have to give a speech on Wednesday and teach a course on Thursday. And my aunt is coming from New York for a visit on Friday. With so much to do, I'm really up to my neck. 这个星期除了每天八小时正常工作外,我星期三要去讲演,星期四要去教课。星期五,我纽约的姑妈要来玩。那么多的事,真要把我给忙死了。

Open Toolbar